Monday, August 25, 2014

7 Steps to Clear & Glowy Skin: The Natural Way

Trying to have clear skin can often be a vicious cycle. Don't wash it, it gets oily, wash it too much it, drys out. Plus both skin that is too oily or too dry can lead to acne. That is how it always was for me. It was a HUGE pain in the butt. But recently my skin has cleared and I get a lot of compliments about how "glowy" or "clear" my skin is. I have made plenty of changes for my skin to get it to where it is today, and I thought I'd share with you what I do!

Heads up, I'm no dermatologist...I know, shocker. This post is strictly based off my experience. But these few changes have greatly improved the quality of my skin, and I am sure they could help you too! (Also, for the record, my skin type is normal)

7. Watch how much you wash your face

//What I am about to share really depends on the person. From my personal experience, washing my face twice a day would only make my skin worse. It would dry out my skin terribly which would lead to more acne. Also, because it would be so dry, I'd have to add more moisturizer--more chemicals, more clogged pores, and more trips to the store to buy more products. Umm, no thanks! So now I only wash my face once a day (unless I go for a run and I'm sweating a lot, then I might give it a quick wash). I have even gone a day or two without washing it to allow my skin's natural oils to do their thang. The result made my skin softer!

6. Watch how much you exfoliate.

//Pretty explanatory. I used to exfoliate my skin all the time, and it would dry out my skin so bad. Another part to the vicious cycle. I now stick to once a week!

5. Hide the make-up from yourself

//My advice, avoid all make-up. I know, extreme for some... especially for those beauty girls, it's in your blood! But once you stop using it after awhile, you won't need it! It clogs pores making acne worse or skin more oily, at least that is what it did for me. Even blush.  Now, I only break out the face make-up when I am feeling especially girly. Generally, I just stick to eye make-up because I don't have to worry about even skin tone anymore. Plus, it makes getting ready a quicker process!

4. You are what you eat!

//Bottom line, eat healthy and feed your body the nutrients it needs! This is so important, I can not even express! Do I need to say more? I know that YOU know to eat your peas. I ain't your motha.


3. Vitamins

//I take a a few everyday:
 Vitamin B complex
 Iron
 Biotin
 MSM
The last two are especially good for hair, skin, and nails. You can get all of those at really any drug store, or even Walmart. I buy the MSM specifically from Traders Joe's. I am sure you can find it other places as well.
2. You wash your face with what??

//Indeed. I wash my face with raw honey, and moisturize with Red Raspberry Seed Oil. My advice here is to head to Alex Raye's blog! Honestly, her blog is god. While making my transition from chemicals to all-natural, her blog has been my Bible!
Essentially, raw honey has properties that moisturize, dry out, and cleanse all at the same time. Plus it is 100% natural (if you buy it raw). Also, I bought my jar for $12 at a local health food store, about two months ago and have barely made a dent! You get bang for your buck.
Then, the red raspberry seed oil is moisturizing without leaving skin feeling sticky and shiny, merely soft and glowing. Not to mention, also 100% natural, and has a high SPF upward to 50! 

1. Water

//The single most important thing you could do for yourself is to drink water; not just for your skin, but for everything. Literally, everything. It makes hair softer, less bloated and sluggish, and does all sorts of crazy good stuff for your insides, which I am sure you already knew. Experts say you should drink about 3 liters a day. That's what I shoot for. I carry a water bottle literally everywhere I go and am always refilling it! It is the best thing you can do for yourself and your skin! Drink and chug that magical liquid! Stay hydrated and give your body some love! Water is the best thing you could give to it.

I know all this information is pretty basic, but what is comes down to is that these are tough habits to get into! Just be patient and take it slow if you have to; drink water and avoid anything with chemicals. I would really appreciate the feedback or even your tips and secrets that you swear by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

);