Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Why you should drink Peppermint Tea

As it may say in my about, tea is my favorite beverage! I don't think I have ever had a tea I have not liked. It is funny because when I first started drinking tea early in high school, I did not particular care for it. But I drank green tea for the health benefits and before I knew it, tea and I's relationship blossomed into something of quite a treasure. Now here I am, years later with a collection of tea ranging from lemon-ginger, to green, to chai. Even Your Tea's Tiny Tea! While green tea has always been thee staple to the my collection, I'm starting to integrate more peppermint tea, a tea that is frequently overlooked but quite incredible.


Early today my stomach was grumbly and my digestion seemed to be off. I was just having a lot of discomfort in my stomach. While I generally drink my green tea, I knew what I needed to do, swap out green for peppermint.

//Peppermint tea is known for its aid to stomach issues. Helps dismiss stomach aches, helps eliminate bowels issues such as diarrhea and constipation. Skip the pepto and drink some herbal tea!

//On that note, it helps with with overall digestion. Feeling gassy? Drink some tea. Stomach pains? Drink some tea. The peppermint tea helps move through the intestines in a peaceful, non-irritating manner. 

//Then on that note, it helps debloat! Who does not love that? 

//It helps with cold and congestion. It is a natural decongestant! 

//It can suppress hunger to aid weight loss.

//Boosts immune system. Plenty of calcium, vitamin B, and potassium.

//Reduces stress, anxiety, and aids sleep as a result of the aromatherapy and the ingredients listed above, peppermint is also a nature muscle relaxant

//Peppermint has been proven to enhance memory. New study drink?

//Can help fight skin damage caused by radiation. Please still wear sunscreen...

//Can increase levels of estrogen to improve skin. So maybe add a peppermint tea to your skin routine!

//Better breath of course!

Peppermint tea is incredibly therapeutic. Definitely a great staple to holistic living and natural medicine. Always satisfies the soul and the body!

-Shannon





No comments:

Post a Comment

);