Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Here I am in all my glory!


I wrote this profile for a class I have. Thought I'd share it with you guys! Just a creative take on myself.
Jumping into a lake in Switzerland

      I’m a feminist. I’m also a vegetarian. I’m that person that is a total tea junkie, has far too many plants to count, is somewhat spacey, and would classify Classic Rock as their Tumblr fandom. Yeah, that’s me. Hope I’m not coming on too strong! I stand a mere 5 feet tall, and have loose curly hair that I plan to grow out to my belly. Glasses are my calling card and also my favorite accessory. Born and raised in Milwaukee, I drink from a bubbler, root for the Brewers, attempt to sneak to the top of the US Bank Building every now and again, and attend Summerfest more than my wallet can handle. 
      I’ll be honest; school was not my thing for quite some time up until college. Math was worst nightmare, science following not too far behind. But there were other classes to compromise. I love the past. History has always been a passion. I adore old music and films and the desire to learn about them has yet to burn out. Then of course communication arts was equally as wonderful. I loved reading classic novels and learning about European literature in particular. Writing essays especially came natural. My biggest regret in high school was not taking AP Literature. However I did take AP Studio Art and AP US & Comparative Governments! I remember countless nights staying up for those classes. No sleep but plenty of frustration. Not to mentioned many eraser shreds, balls of tape, and colorful stains on the carpets from chalk pastels. Something my mother will forever hold against me.


Now the nights I didn’t stay up frustrated from elements of art and the Russian government, you could finds me snuggled in bed on a date with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s and Netflix, or my boyfriend. It was one of the two and still is today. I have been dating my boyfriend, Joe, for two and a half years. He is a swell guy and is over a foot taller than me, so that’s always fun. Often times when we watch a movie, I’ll always want to watch the same old movies, The Goonies, Back to the Future, or sometimes I sprinkle in a John Hughes film. I adore movies. I’m big into cult films and would like to work for the movie industry one day. Paired with my major I would like to help market films and run their official social media. I also consider writing screenplays. Those are just thoughts in my noggin. Otherwise, I would really like to write for a humanitarian group. Right now my focus is school. I have a goal for a GPA of 3.5 or above, which I know I can achieve. Also I have an online class, which I need to give aplenty of love. Online classes tend to be my weakness, as in I tend to procrastinate. Procrastination, yet another thing to work on! 
While movies and past pop cultures are a huge passion of mine, I enjoy myself a good adventure. Traveling is a beautiful opportunity I can never pass up. In high school I went on an amazing trip to Europe. I can say I’ve been to France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the smallest country in the world, Lichtenstein. Oh, I’ll throw in Canada and I have been to every Great Lake.  In a month my brother will be teaching English in South Korea. Already there is talk of my family visiting him. Also next year I plan on studying abroad, once again visiting France, maybe Switzerland? Even if it’s a trip up north or an escapade in downtown Milwaukee, I am always excited to try and visit new and random places. Although I love to travel, when it comes to driving places, I want nothing to do with it. Something really special about me is that I am a horrendous driver. I have gotten two speeding tickets, one parking ticket, have smashed a mirror, and completely destroyed my back windshield. I promise I don’t try to do these things. All I have to say is watch out for the red Montero.
      I’m a pretty diverse individual. I take something’s very seriously. I am very supportive of human rights. I have the goal to one day become a vegan, for both health and ethical reasoning. I want to help people to understand what it truly means to be a vegan and a feminist, what it means to me. I just want a happier Earth and a happier Shannon, that’s all. But whenever I have an issue or need to vent, I let it flow through writing. I use this blog as an outlet. It is new and still pretty rough. I am finding my voice as a writer and am excited to see where my voice can take me. 

Snuck a shot of my brother and his boyfriend at a pride march in Chicago, 2013. 


-Shannon


UPDATE: I got another parking ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

);