Friday, December 5, 2014

Top 10 Cult Films

If I have not made it clear yet, I LOVE MOVIES. They bring me joy and there is always a way I can connect with them. To me, a movie is not just a movie... it is a piece of art. While I love nearly any movie, in this moment I would like to share some of my favorite cult films.
"Wait Shannon, what is a cult film?"
That is a great question! A cult film is a particular film that has a diehard following. Most often the films have a strange sense of humor and are outlandish compared to the average mainstream film.
With that said, in no particular order:
1. Young Frankenstein, Dir. Mel Brooks, 1974

3. Rocky Horror Picture Show, Dir. Jim Sharman, 1975
 
4. Clue, Dir. Jonathan Lynn, 1985
 
5. Donnie Darko, Dir. Richard Kelly, 2001
6. Pee-wee's Big Adventure, Dir. Tim Burton, 1985


7. The Lost Boys, Dir. Joel Schumaucher, 1987
8. Wayne's World, Dir. Penelope Spheeris, 1992
9. Heathers, Dir. Michael Lehmann, 1988
10. Dazed and Confused, Dir. Richard Linklater, 1993
I could've easily continued the list. But there are ten of them! All cult films, all worth the viewing.
What are your favorite cult films?

No comments:

Post a Comment

);