Thursday, November 27, 2014

5 things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is here! We have worked our way through the year and have finally landed on the gloriously delicious and family oriented holiday. Of course as a kid, Christmas was always favorite. But as I get older I begin to appreciate November 26 a little bit more. It is pure in it's meaning, a special day set aside to gather with those close to you and give thanksgiving for what the universe has brought to you. With that said, I would love to share five things I thank the universe for everyday.



1. Family// I would say after being a father for nearly 40 years, my father has gained so much insight and knowledge about life. I can say the same for my mom. I have the most crazy, fun, movie-quoting siblings a baby sister could ask for. I don't think I've ever seen a group of people "do"themselves more than my family. Definitely made me who I am. Thank you mom and dad for all the opportunities you have given me!

2. Joe// My boyfriend, my rock. Has helped me in ways he probably does not even realize. Cheers to many more thanksgivings with you, my love!

3. Music// Especially a good 60's or 80's tune or anything vinyl. Praise! 

4. Travel Opportunities// This one is also on my parents. They have given me the awesome opportunity to go the Europe for three weeks in high school! Also I will be studying abroad sometime within this next year. Nothing that truly satisfies my soul more than adventuring to new places!

5. The Simple Things// Tea, candles, the cold part of the blanket, plants, post-it notes, working out, etc. These are the things that make my daily life special. I've slowly been learning to focus on the simple things and they help me learn what it really takes to make me happy, and the reality is, it is not much! Something I constantly need to remind myself!

On that note, what are you thankful for?
Hope everyone has a truly wonderful Thanksgiving!

-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

);